Happy 2011! What a crazy couple of weeks its been…along with Christmas and birthdays, my 16 year old got his gigantic tonsils removed. He’s not a happy camper at the moment!
I really love that the new year and spring feel so fresh and new to me. Its as if you get a new start. I also wonder why it is that other times of the year don’t feel as new or fresh. Maybe I should work on that.
I’ve never done a yearly word, but this year the word RENEW came to me out of the blue, in one of those quiet moments when I wasn’t even thinking about a word for the year.
Here’s a little of what I think I’ll RENEW
- my commitment to daily exercise and health…surprised that the new year brings that one aren’t ya! I’m not committing to major things at this point. I really want to run a 5K, but right now I just want to form the habit of exercising again, everyday, without pressure. More than anything, knowing that I am doing that for myself will make me feel better mentally.
- a renewed interest in learning to play the piano (one of the goals on my life list…no idea where it came from, its just been in my head forever.)
- also on my mental life list…travel to Europe. I’m renewing a commitment to make it happen by saving just a little every check….baby steps that will eventually make me take that big leap onto a plane and off to Europe.I got the idea to save $2.00 a day on Chris Guillebeau‘s awesome blog.
- a renewed blog and kitchen…no more procrastination on getting bids and figuring out how to change my blog over to WordPress.
- a renewed commitment to have more fun, more often, without spending a lot.
- a renewed commitment to make an effort to purposely go out of my way to do something nice everyday for the people I live with.
- renewing my courage and reminding myself to “do it afraid” whatever “It” may be at the moment. So many things slip by because of that little voice that says things that cause unnecessary fear.
Wishing you all the best that 2011 can possibly bring! Keep smiling and remember to keep pushing forward and taking baby steps until your goals become your reality.
Make it a great day!
Love and Hugs! ~Y
I’ll leave you with a snapshot of my cute dad and mom, taken at night, right after their 50th anniversary carriage ride. A ride that my dad did not want to take at all. I’m thinking he looks like he may have had a change of mind!
Here’s to being open minded to new things in 2011.